Join us online and also follow along with our online bulletin.
This week’s Sunday service celebrates a day of new beginnings, a search for our values, and realization that we are the light. Hillside and First United Methodist Churches in Duluth, Minnesota, have prepared this very special worship experience in the hope that you will join us for a truly wondrous hour. You can join us at 10am on Sunday, January 24, 2021, where we will watch together as a church family. Or, if you wish, anytime after the 10am premiere.
Join us at 10am on Sunday, January 17, 2021, where we will watch together as a church family. Or, if you wish, anytime after the 10am premiere.
First Familyis again temporarily an online-only newsletter. January’s edition will join years of archived newsletters. They are always there and they are searchable. We have also decided to activate all the links within First Family to allow you to simply click to bring you directly to websites and email addresses.
Take a look, share the link, bookmark the page, or download to have on your computer if you wish. If you, or someone you know, would like to have First Family delivered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have grieved the tragic, violent death of George Floyd … we have watched protests … seen destruction take place … and named the racism that is among and within us.
This is how we as FUMC are responding:
• We name the sin of systemic racism and proclaim that discrimination in any form is evil and against the Gospel.
• We declare that ALL people are fully and equally created in the image of God
• As the sign at First UMC boldly proclaims: WE STAND FOR RACIAL JUSTICE & EQUALITY
• We will make bold proclamations on our website, Facebook and other places that we stand for racial justice and equality
• We will continue to make masks to give to the NAACP to distribute and explore joining the NAACP as a congregation
• We will learn together. There is a book study for the community on the book, “White Fragility.” 50 people are already participating and all of us will have opportunity later in the summer
• We are starting a Social JUSTICE Action Committee:
A committee that is formulated specifically for this time, how we as individuals and as a congregation respond to racism in our society. All are welcome! Specifically invite youth/young adult voices! Jojo Coffin-Langdon will be the staff person to take the lead on this committee. Please email her if you would like to join. Families@FUMCduluth.com
• Be praying for love to guide us … for deep community to form us … for justice and equality to take root