Your Fall Opportunity Booklet will be sent to you shortly. You can also find it here.
FUMC’s music groups are starting up soon. Join us! There’s a place for you!
• Sanctuary Choir begins rehearsals on Wednesday, September. 4, 5:45pm in the East Lounge.
• Tapestry (our worship band) begins rehearsals on Wednesday, September. 4, 6:30pm in the Sanctuary.
• JAM & the Peanut Butter Band and JAM Jr. will begin rehearsals on Wednesday, September 11. JAM (2nd-6th graders) meets at 5pm and JAM Jr. (babies–1st graders, with their parents) meets at 5:30pm.
• Handbells Our handbell groups will begin rehearsals on Wednesday, September. 11.
• Ringtones (2nd–6th grade), Wednesdays at 5:30pm
• Class Ring (grades 7-12), Wednesdays at 7:45pm
• Cast in Bronze (adults), Wednesdays at 6:45pm
• Strikepoint (concert ensemble), Sundays at 11:30am
For more information, please contact Velda Bell, Director of Music Ministries, at 218-727-5021, email@example.com.
Join members and friends of the Coppertop as we demonstrate our commitment to full inclusion at Duluth’s annual PRIDE Festival. Help with staffing our booth at the festival on Saturday, August 31, or march in the parade after worship on Sunday, September 1. Contact Jessie’s shoe months for more information: Contact Jessie’s Shumatz for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday evenings, September 16, 23 and 30; October 7 and 14; 6 – 7:30 pm
Our Fall Book Study will be a five-week discussion of The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile.
This book has the potential to open your eyes to your own personality and help you zero in on your own unique strengths and weaknesses through the lens of the Enneagram. The Enneagram is an ancient personality type system similar to the Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory but with an additional spiritual component. Knowing about your Enneagram type can be transformational in your relationship with yourself, with others, and with God.
Classes will be led by Rev. MaryAnne Korsch.
Signup sheets are in the Narthex and books will be available in the church office.
NEW MEMBER CLASS
Sunday, September 22, 11:30 am, Fireside Lounge Interested in joining the church? Come to this 90-minute session that will give you basic information about this congregation, our ministries and the specifics about the membership process. This is the only class required in order to join the church. Other sessions will be held Sunday, October 20 and Sunday, November 17.