Children & Youth
Click for registrations forms and other information.
Sunday Family Faith Time
From September to May, family-oriented groups allow you a bit of time with your kids to share your values and your faith in a fun and interactive way. Ministries vary week to week, and each Sunday is self-contained, so you can come as your schedule allows.
Be sure to check the monthly schedule for your favorite ministries and then leave the harried week behind for an hour of fun and quality time with your family.
- Bible Playtime with Early Childhood teachers 9:00 & 10:00, Toddler Room
- Discovery for preschool – kindergarten with Early Childhood teachers 9:00, Room 105
- Worship with Wee Wonder (3 years – kindergarteners) 10:00, Sanctuary; then Study
- Family Prayer Stations, all ages welcome but this area will especially appeal to elementary students, youth, and adults. Bible study at 9:00 followed by self-directed stations, Room 112
First and Third Sundays
• Little Disciples for families with infants, toddlers, twos led by Laura Stahl 9:30, Toddler Room
- Family Ministry Special Events: Meaningful family fun like Trunk or Treat and Advent Creativity Workshop (usually 4th Sundays) 11:00, location depends on activity
Worship Hour Ministries
Worship ministries for young children – Bible Playtime and Wee Wonder – continue year round, with the same leaders and format. Little Disciples will continue to meet on the first and third Sundays at 9:30 am through the summer.
Bible Playtime serves infants through 35 months. Wee Wonder serves children age 3 yrs through kindergarten. Little Disciples is a parent-child play ‘n’ learn group for toddlers and twos.
Throughout the journey from childhood to adolescent, First UMC recognizes milestone moments in the lives of children and youth.
Baby Visit – Parish Nurse Linda Wiig and Director of Children’s and Family Ministry Laura Stahl meet with new parents upon the arrival of a new child. The baby is enrolled in Splash ministry that provides information to the parents each month.
Baby Photo – Early each year, babies born in the previous year are gathered to have a group photo. These photos adorn the narthex and each family received a print for their home.
Ready, Set, Grow for 3 year olds and their parents – Children gather to prepare for entering Discovery groups. Participating families receive a Spark Story Bible, tote bag, prayer spirals and other tools to help their child engage with faith stories and to develop spiritual practices.
Bible Presentations and Faith Friends
for 3rd Graders
In January third grade students, as well as older elementary students who are new to the congregation, receive a children’s study Bible from the congregation. Third graders are encouraged to submit choices for adult mentors called Faith Friends. Faith Friend children and adult pairs connect with each other, encourage each other and sometimes serve in the church or community together.